Submissions are now being received for Then Let Us Sing! This will be The United Church of Canada’s most current—and future-focused—content source for congregational singing, worship, and liturgy planning as we prepare for and celebrate our second century. It is the hope of the committee to discover a broad range of new material that will fully express our United Church identity and the desire to be in relationship with each other and God. We seek submissions that use fresh language for God as well as accessible musical styles, and we will choose hymns and songs that lift up and prioritize racialized, Indigenous, francophone, and LGBTQQITTPA+ and Two Spirit people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse linguistic communities. While all submissions related to congregational singing and worship will be accepted, the committee particularly invites the submission of songs, music, and text that reflect the following priorities:
- Creation Care
- Doubt (as it relates to faith)
- Confession, Lament, and Healing
- Affirming (gender and sexual diversity)
- Mental Health
- Repertoire for Children and Youth
- Communion settings and additional service music (e.g., The Lord’s Prayer)
- Special Services (marriages, funerals, baptism)
Guidelines for Submissions
- Submissions must be received on or before January 15th, 2022.
- Ensure that the title, composer(s)/writer(s) names, and full and complete copyright (for music, arrangements, and words if applicable) are included on the score.
- Written word, poetry, or lyrics without music will also be accepted. Please include a suggested tune if you have one.
- Hymn tunes without a text will be accepted (in common metres).
- Words and melody only submissions will be accepted (no arrangement required).
- Audio submissions with a PDF of the text will be accepted. (Please use mp3 or similar compressed format.)
The Committee will acknowledge receipt of all submissions. If your material is chosen for inclusion in Then Let Us Sing! you will be contacted regarding permissions at the appropriate time. We are currently seeking submissions (until January 2022) for this exciting project.